Thank you for your interest in our award-winning residency programme.
Please contact us:
- If you would like to undertake a residency (see below)
- If you would like to sponsor a residency/Fellowship for an artist / writer.
- If you are part of an arts, educational, media or community organisation and would like to connect with our programme.
- If you would like to make a donation (ANZ # 06 0501 0893089 00). We are a registered charity.
- If you would like to volunteer.
Information on our residencies:
Thank you for your interest in NZ Pacific Studio Artist Residency Programme.
A charitable organisation operated by volunteers, NZ Pacific Studio has offered residencies to nearly 500 creative practitioners since 2001, providing them with time and space to work on a project of their choice.
NZ Pacific Studio artists/creatives are expected to focus on their project during the residency but are not expected to perform or hold an exhibition as a result.
Our residencies are self-funded and self-catering (residents prepare their own meals).
Accommodation is in self-contained cottages or family homes in rural and urban Wairarapa. Many of our hosts are creative practitioners themselves.
Residencies are available year-round, although during July, August and September (the NZ winter months), availability may be limited.
The minimum residency period is 2 weeks and the maximum is 3 months.
We currently offer residencies to selected artists at rates from NZ$420 a week. Additional days charged from NZ$60/night.
A transportation fee of NZ$ 70/week applies if the artist has no vehicle (petrol is additional).
Each year we offer about five Fellowships that are supported residencies. Please read the "Fellowships" section of the website for background information. We announce these opportunities on the "News" page of this website.
Please e-mail your application, in one document, under 1 mb:
- Name, Date, Country of residence, website link (if any), a short biography
- Short description of the project you intend to work on during the residency,
- Preferred dates of your residency period,
- Preferred location for accommodation - urban or rural,
- CV/resume with 2 references on your character/artistic integrity,
- 2-3 representative samples of your creative/academic work,
- Please list any special requirements for your project (eg. equipment, studio space),
- Please indicate if you will have a vehicle (one can be provided if you have a current license, in English),.
- Please indicate if you plan to bring a spouse/companion along and if that person is also a creative practitioner.
- Please indicate if you would like to meet other artists during the residency,
- Please indicate if you would like to offer an activity at a local school or community group.
Please see "What we Offer"on what NZ Pacfic Studio provides.
The "About Us" section gives a short background to our charity organisation.
Email: info (at) artistresidency.org.nz
Postal address: NZ Pacific Studio, P.O. Box 931, Masterton, NZ 5840