New Zealand Pacific Studio offers:
- Self-catered residencies in various locations across the region for creative practitioners to work intensively on their projects, with no distractions.
- Many of the accommodations are self-contained cottages. All include a private bedroom, fully functional kitchen for self-catering, private bath/shower and toilet, full linens, laundry facilities, and Internet access for moderate usage (Note: data is limited). Only a few include studio space. Art materials are not included.
- Locations vary - from rural areas to sites within walking distance to town. Current hosts are located in Carterton District, Tararua District, and most are within Masterton District, the largest town, with the most resources in the creative sector.
- NZ Pacific Studio matches applicants to the appropriate space and host, according to the project being undertaken during the residency. Please advise if you need studio space. Please also advise if you seek a residency together with a companion/partner, and if that person is also a creative practitioner.
- Most residencies are self-funded; NZ Pacific Studio aims to offer a few funded residencies each year - see the Fellowships section - otherwise, all residencies are self-funded.
- Local Transport for a weekly fee (plus petrol) - this includes pick-up and drop-off in Masterton / Wairarapa for arrival and departure, and one weekly shopping trip. If more extensive transportation is needed as part of a project, this will need to be negotiated, in advance. Please indicate if you will have your own vehicle.
- The host and the NZ Pacific Studio community can provide some support such as linkages with arts organisations, community groups and schools - this primarily is for our Fellows. A small library of books is also available to residents upon request. See the Community Outreach section.
- Complimentary Pass to Pukaha National Wildlife Centre, a sanctuary with beautiful walks, kiwi, ancient tuatara, eels, and native birds. Open daily.