KIA ORA. New Zealand Pacific Studio offers:
- Residencies for people to work intensively on their projects.
- Many of our hosts' accommodations are cottages in rural areas. All include a private bedroom, fully functional kitchen for self-catering, bathroom, full linens, and laundry facilities. Only a few include studio space. Internet access is available at most locations (data may be limited). Art materials not included.
- We match applicants to the appropriate space & host, according to the project being undertaken.
- Artists provide for their own meals, although some hosts offer shared meals from time to time.
- Most residencies are self-funded, although we can provide ideas on sources of funding. We aim to offer a few supported residencies each year.
- Local transport for a weekly fee (plus petrol) - this includes pick-up and drop-off in Masterton / Wairarapa for arrival & departure, and one weekly shopping trip. If more extensive transportation is needed as part of a project, this will need to be negotiated in advance. Please indicate if you will have your own vehicle.
- We can provide some community support such as linkages with local arts organisations, groups & schools - this primarily is for our supported residencies. A small library is also available upon request.
- Complimentary Pass to Pūkaha National Wildlife Centre with kiwi and other native birds, ancient tuatara, eels... Open daily.